Posted on November 11 2015
I do love Advent, the excitement and anticipation before Christmas makes it for me the best time of year. This year I thought it would be fun to make each of my three children an Advent Calendar the first being this cute and terribly easy paper cup calendar.
You will need:
- 24 Paper Cups
- Bakers Twine
- Tissue Paper
- Number Stckers
- Elastic Bands or Elastic Thread
- Small toys or sweets to put inside (I chose Lego Figures)
- A large Needle and pair of scissors
- Cut out 24 circles of tissue paper approx 2 inches diameter larger than your cups. You can stack the tissue paper and cut it all together to save time, this really need not be too neat.
- Thread your twine onto a large eyed needle and thread through each cup by carefully piecing a hole in each side of the cup just above the base.
- Once you have a string of cups pop in your toys/treats and then cover the top of the cup with a piece of tissue paper secured with elastic (I use elastic thread to do this as it is white but elastic bands will work equally well).
- Stick on numbers from 1 - 24 (or write them on) randomly. I did this once I had my calendar in place to ensure that the numbers were all on the cups the right way around.