Giant number balloons are an icon of the birthday morning surprise! Like a birthday badge they announce that 'Today Is A Very Special Day Indeed!'
These balloon columns elevate number balloons (quite literally) and create a huge statement at a birthday party! At approximately 5.5ft tall they wont get lost in a large or crowded space therefore provide plenty of bang for your buck as they say. Other reasons I love them are that they can be easily matched to a theme or decor, they last for days, require ZERO helium (big plus), stand unaided, inexpensive, and are quite simply a cinch to create!
We created this gorgeous Boho Number Balloon Column to show you how. Check out our video tutorial below:
- A balloon pump - handheld or electric
- One standard latex balloon filled with water - this will be the weight
- 16 x 11inch balloons - we used 4 of each colour
- 20 x 5inch balloons in the same colours as above
- 6 x 160Q modelling balloons (alternatively use balloon ribbon or string)
- One giant number foil balloon (ideally over 36inches)
please note you don't have to stop at number balloons, top your column with a dinosaur, a unicorn or a champagne bottle balloon, just use the same method.
We hope you enjoyed our tutorial, it really is very easy to make expert looking balloon displays at home for a fraction of the cost of hiring the professionals. Give it a go and let us know how you got on.